GovernorHub is a website created and operated by Ortoo Technologies Ltd which brings together services from multiple providers. All providers are expected to conform to the standards set out in this policy. Ortoo Technologies Ltd respects their customers' privacy and creates websites which are easy to use. This policy explains how we use information about you and how you can instruct us if you wish to limit the use of your information.
GovernorHub processes personal data on the basis of contractual obligation to subscribers, usually schools, academies, trusts, local authorities and other organisations which purchase subscriptions to the service. Ortoo Technologies Ltd is the data processor on behalf of our subscribers, who are the data controllers.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act) and the General Data Processing Regulations 2016 (GDPR), the data processor is Ortoo Technologies Ltd (UK company registration number 8142817).
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Cookies and tracking
For details on cookies and tracking please see our cookies policy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.governorhub.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or our subscribers' services or requesting further services.
- We may ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our subscribers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
Some emails that we send you have no tracking in at all e.g. support or service emails. Other emails we send include tracking so that we can tell how much traffic those emails send to our site. In some emails we can track, at an individual level, whether the user has opened and clicked on links in the email.
Who can see your data
GovernorHub works with customers who purchase subscriptions on behalf of users (e.g. school governors and clerks). If a customer has purchased a subscription on your behalf, the customer has access to specific items of your personal data, namely:
- your name and email address
- any information you choose to provide such as address, phone number(s), date of birth, ethnicity etc
- the school(s) / academies / trust at which you are registered as a governor or user on GovernorHub
- what type of governor / trustee you are (e.g. parent, co-opted, local authority)
- the dates of your term of office
- your role on the governing board (e.g. chair, vice-chair)
- whether you have administrator access rights to use GovernorHub
- your declarations of interest as a governor or trustee
- the training records you have entered on GovernorHub
- anonymised information about your use of GovernorHub.
GovernorHub customers who purchase subscriptions on behalf of governors (such as your Governor Services organisation or your academy trust) can use this information to understand usage patterns and to communicate with their subscribers via email to provide news, information, surveys and invitations to events such as governor conferences.
Your personal contact information (title, name, address, phone number(s), email address), declarations of interest and training records can be made visible to other members of your governing board (and members of other GovernorHub groups of which you are a member). The only mandatory items of personal data required by the system are your name and email address. You are able to control whether your personal data in addition to email address is visible to other members of your governing board.
Ortoo Technologies Ltd have access to your personal data and will only use this as detailed in How we use your personal data below.
All documents, calendar bookings and discussions created and stored by your school (or other group using GovernorHub) and governing board members are only visible to the individuals listed as Governing Board members on the school Governing Board page and your clerk. GovernorHub customers, including local authority Governor Services, cannot see this information unless you have an agreement with them to disclose this information. Ortoo Technologies Ltd. support staff may sometimes need to access this data if you report a fault or problem with the site.
If your school is an academy within a multi-academy trust (MAT) which subscribes to GovernorHub, the trustees / directors in the MAT board will be able to view the individual academy local governing boards’ noticeboard, calendar, diary, documents and governing board membership pages including your personal data.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We will never ask you to provide your chosen password to us by email or on the telephone. If you forget your password you can request a new one by selecting the “Forgotten your password” option when you log in.
Ortoo Technologies Ltd. use the latest security and encryption protocols to keep your data secure when it is transmitted and stored. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your personal data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer,
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us,
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you, your subscribing organisation and us,
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so,
- To notify you about changes to our service,
- To provide you with information about products or services which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes,
- To maintain an historical record of discussions and documents posted on the site.
We may use all or any part of your information and combine it with other user’s information to produce anonymous statistical data which we may use internally or share with third parties. Such data will not identify you or any other user personally. For example such data may show; popularity of news items, popularity of discussion topics, demand for training materials, frequency of calendar events, numbers of documents stored. These examples are illustrative only and are not intended to be an exhaustive list.
How to control and amend your information
At any time you can review, delete or change the information you submitted during registration by visiting the Your Account section once logged in (accessed by clicking on your name at the top of the page). You should update your information if it changes. Please contact email@example.com if you would like your personal information and account removed. When your information is removed the system will retain all postings you have made in the Noticeboard discussion forum and will associate the postings with your name in order to maintain a complete record of discussions and to stop postings becoming anonymous.
Ortoo Technologies Ltd does not sell or trade personal information with third parties for the purposes or sales, marketing or advertising. Your personal information will not be used for automated profiling.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your personal information will be disclosed where we are obliged by law to do so. If you post or send offensive or objectionable content anywhere on or to any of our websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any of our websites, we can use the information that is available to us about you to stop such behaviour. This may involve informing relevant third parties such as your school and other agencies about the content and your behaviour.
We do not use or process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We will inform you before collecting or using your data if we ever intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our customer networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.