How the regular email settings work
Note: all members start with these standard email notification settings upon registration.
If you're a member of a board and someone posts on the noticeboard, you will receive an email notification if you're in the chosen audience e.g. Everyone, a certain committee or an individual.
Comments and replies to posts will go to all members too.
But if you're getting too many emails from us (maybe you're a member of several boards) you can now control this. Click on your name at the top of the page to go to your profile page and then select the 'Email, Privacy and Security' tab.
How to change the settings and receive fewer emails
In the Email, Privacy and Security tab in your personal profile, there are two places you can make changes to the settings.
- My Notifications and My Updates
Here you can:
- Choose whether or not to be notified by email when you post on the noticeboard (Click on 'When will I be notified?' to find out more about what this means)
- Opt-out of news and updates from your MAT central team or local governor services
- Opt-out of emails containing news and other updates from us at GovernorHub
2. Board and Group Notification Settings
Here you can choose how many emails you receive for each board or group you're a member of. This might be useful if you wish to switch off all notifications for a particular group or board.
To do this, switch from 'Recommended settings' to 'Custom settings'. This will allow you to move the slider right or left and change the frequency of emails from High to either Medium, Low or All.
Click on 'When will I be notified?' to find out exactly what High, Medium, Low or All means for your email notifications.