You can use the GovernorHub calendar to track meeting dates and attendance.
The calendar is normally updated by a clerk or chair but that's really up to you. All governors can see the calendar.
Adding a meeting to the calendar
Click on the 'Calendar' tab to see your board's calendar.
The calendar is set to week view to allow someone to click and drag a time slot which automatically opens up an event.
If you'd rather see a month at a time, you can pick the date when the meeting is going to happen and press the Add event button.
(Tip: If you're using a tablet like an iPad you'll need to use the Add event button as these don't support "dragging".)
You'll then see the meeting event details to complete, as below. You can fill in the meeting name, location and other details.
Here is where you can also:
- Set the EVENT FOR to pick the committee this event relates to. This will colour-code the entry in the calendar.
- Link a folder of documents to this meeting by clicking on the Select a folder button. You can, if you like, create the folder at this stage too.
- Name the clerk for this meeting.
- If it's an online meeting, you can also add the video meeting details (more info. on how to do this here). A link will then appear in the members' upcoming events on the noticeboard page.
- If you're an admin, set attendees. You can add all the members of your board as the attendees by clicking on the Add all members button, or type in the box next to it to add whole committees or individual members.
Once you've entered all the details for the meeting, click Save, and the meeting will be saved to the shared calendar.
If you need to change anything, click on the meeting in the calendar and click on the Edit button. Or click on the Delete button to delete the meeting altogether.
And if you've added attendees, you can download a sign-on sheet to take to the meeting by clicking on the Download sign-on sheet button.
If you're an admin for your board, you can track the attendance for each meeting.
See this article for help on tracking attendance.